Thursday 8 December 2016

Assignment 2: Career Path in the Media Industry

Career Development Planning & Self Awareness

Career and life interests?

Reading and writing; I want to write anything i.e. books, novels, scripts etc. I also love to follow politics and the ongoing international affairs of our everyday lives.

Values - motivation?

Libertarian leftist, according to my Political Compass quiz. I want to do good by other people but also entertain and offer something to the world. I believe in honesty, truth and integrity, as well as morality and principles.

Key strengths, skills & knowledge?

Writing is something I have always been consider good at and I pride myself on my literature skills. My knowledge most comes from when I follow politics and other global stories.

Personality, temperament? 

I'd like to think I'm patient and work well under pressure, being able to be analytical and critical of my own work. I can be described as somewhat of an extrovert, able to work with others and communicate yet also keeps to himself and remain quiet.

Transferable skills?

I can utilize IT and other technological equipment, as well as provide good analysis when it comes to written work. I have good organizational skills when it comes to individual and team work. Photoshop, Premiere among other apps such as Word and Powerpoint are at my hands. In addition, I have five GCSEs.

Career options?

Writer/Author or perhaps even a scriptwriter. These are the options that could be open to me in the Media industry. I already have a blog set-up on this very site, utilized to add my political commentary.

Methods of Recruitment

Link: http://www.indeed.co.uk - a job hunter site.

An example would be a Senior Producer job role, shown below.


Others would include:
  1. Post-Production Runner
  2. PR Director
  3. Presenter
  4. Gaming Editor
  5. Senior Designer 
All of these pages have been printed off for research involving the current assignment.

This website too also offers job roles: http://www.mediavolt.co.uk

Website for my career path: http://www.wix.com 

In addition, I have set up a Linkedin account in order to get first hand experience at networking in media: https://www.linkedin.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment