Thursday 5 January 2017

Assignment 2: Personal Career Development Material

TASK(s)

The following must be included for completion of this assignment:
  • Methods of Recruitment - fully explain how employers recruit.
  • Research presentation of employment and identify your skills and qualifications i.e. CV and personal statement, website etc. 
  • Career Plan - qualifications, skills and continuation of development must be included. 
- Use clear examples and explain thoroughly -

A majority of the material I will be using for the task may or may not be linked backed or referred to my assignment 2 tasks, as it has already covered a majority of what is needed for these tasks.

METHODS OF RECRUITMENT

As per my assignment 2 criteria and L.O., these are the following methods of recruitment:
  • national press; an organization for journalists and others professionally engaged in the production and dissemination of news.
  • trade press; work within a trade journal or professional magazine (and colloquially or disparagingly a trade rag), is a magazine whose target audience is people who work in a particular trade or industry.
  • internet; the world-wide web offers an abundance of opportunities. 
  • word of mouth; spoken communication as a means of transferring and learning new information.
  • personal contacts; emails, phone numbers and other means to get into contact or negotiations with those within the industry
  • internal promotion; being promoted within the field you work in and qualify for, to move up the career ladder so to speak
  • networking; interact with others to exchange information and develop professional or social contacts
  • trade fairs; attend these exhibitions from various media industrial organisations in order to make contacts and perhaps form a better networking system.
Methods of recruitment, of course, refers to how one can be applied within the media industry. 

PRESENTATION OF EMPLOYMENT

As for me, I have already applied to the following, as well as utilized these sites:
For verification of my LinkedIn and Media Volt accounts, see the images below.



This both shows of my media qualifications and the skills I already have, utilizing technology to my advantage. By applying to these accounts I can connect and network within individuals already in the industry, in order to 

CAREER PLAN

A majority of this has already been covered via my Career Path in the Media Industry post, as the following explains: 

Career and life interests?

Reading and writing; I want to write anything i.e. books, novels, scripts etc. I also love to follow politics and the ongoing international affairs of our everyday lives.

Values - motivation?

Libertarian leftist, according to my Political Compass quiz. I want to do good by other people but also entertain and offer something to the world. I believe in honesty, truth and integrity, as well as morality and principles.

Key strengths, skills & knowledge?

Writing is something I have always been consider good at and I pride myself on my literature skills. My knowledge most comes from when I follow politics and other global stories.

Personality, temperament? 

I'd like to think I'm patient and work well under pressure, being able to be analytical and critical of my own work. I can be described as somewhat of an extrovert, able to work with others and communicate yet also keeps to himself and remain quiet.

Transferable skills?

I can utilize IT and other technological equipment, as well as provide good analysis when it comes to written work. I have good organizational skills when it comes to individual and team work. Photoshop, Premiere among other apps such as Word and PowerPoint are at my hands. In addition, I have five GCSEs.

Career options?

Writer/Author or perhaps even a scriptwriter. These are the options that could be open to me in the Media industry. I already have a blog set-up on this very site, utilized to add my political commentary.

Outside of media work I also use Blogger to document my political beliefs, and hope to blog further in the future on the issues of politics. See my very own "The Intrinsic Blog" for further details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment